It’s Monday so the responsible thing to do would be to sketch out a weekly menu, make a shopping list, and defrost tonight’s meat.
But that can all wait another half hour right?
Good, we’re agreed – responsible starts in exactly 30 minutes.
Now, you’ve got just enough time to read this post, gather your supplies, and make a batch of amazing muffins!
…Actually, even though these 20 Minute Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins taste more like cookies, they’ll earn you some responsibility points too since they’re naturally sweetened, are flourless, have a dairy free option, but I digress.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a portion of the sale will be sent my way to help with blog expenses. Thanks!
20 Minute Blender Muffins
If you’ve never mixed muffins in the blender before, you must. It’s brilliant.
I can say that because it’s not my idea. But now that I’ve tried it, I love it!
Mixing takes less than a minute, and you can pour the batter right into the muffin tins. Then just give them a quick, peanut-and-chocolate-chip sprinkle and toss them in the oven!
Really, it’s crazy easy.
15 minutes later, you have yourself a warm batch of super soft peanut butter muffins topped with the perfect combination of salty peanuts and sweet dark chocolate.
Sooooo good, you guys.
And I can tell you from experience, doing all the responsible stuff is much easier once you’ve got a warm, chocolatey, peanut buttery muffin under your belt!
- Butter or virgin coconut oil for greasing muffin tin
- 2/3 cup sour cream (substitute 2 medium ripe bananas for dairy free)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 cup organic natural peanut butter (either creamy or crunchy - I've used both and, due to the blending, the final texture is the same)
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- rounded 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels work well and are dairy free).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use butter or coconut oil to grease 10 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips and peanuts in a blender and blend until mixture is creamy.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle about 1 tsp chopped peanuts and 1 Tbsp chocolate chips onto each muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out nearly clean (I pull them out a little before a perfectly clean toothpick because I'd rather a soft center than a dry one!).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then remove by running a butter knife around the edge of each and gently lifting out.
Don’t miss these other easy and healthy dessert recipes!
Homemade Coconut Cream Popsicles (Dairy Free option)