This colorful, 10 Minute red Cabbage and Apple Slaw is as healthy as it is colorful! Perfect for busy weeknights or picnics!
Slaw is one of my go-to side dishes – it’s so easy to throw together, and is a nice deviation from the typical green salad.
Plus it’s just so right along side a burger, a pulled pork sandwich, or some BBQ pulled beef and roasted broccoli potato skins!
10 Minute Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw
Aside from how gorgeous it is, here are a few reasons you really must try this recipe!
- 10 MINUTES! (Maybe 15, if you’re lacking in the Ninja knife skills dept ???? )
- High in gut-healthy prebiotic fiber
- Has cancer-fighting cruciferous veggies (thank you, cabbage)
- It can be made ahead, which makes it perfect for parties and picnics!
- It’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and sweetened with honey
- The whole family will love it!
Tell me, who could argue with that list?
- 1 small head red cabbage cut into quarters, then very thinly sliced
- 1 Golden apple I love Opal Gold!
- 1 cup very finely chopped kale leaves be sure to remove the stems first
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Combine salad ingredients in a bowl
Mix all dressing ingredients together, then pour over salad and mix well.
If possible, allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors mix. Serving right away is fine too if you're in a rush.