This colorful, 10 Minute red Cabbage and Apple Slaw is as healthy as it is colorful! Perfect for busy weeknights or picnics!
Slaw is one of my go-to side dishes – it’s so easy to throw together, and is a nice deviation from the typical green salad.
Plus it’s just so right along side a burger, a pulled pork sandwich, or some BBQ pulled beef and roasted broccoli potato skins!
10 Minute Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw
Aside from how gorgeous it is, here are a few reasons you really must try this recipe!
- 10 MINUTES! (Maybe 15, if you’re lacking in the Ninja knife skills dept 😉 )
- High in gut-healthy prebiotic fiber
- Has cancer-fighting cruciferous veggies (thank you, cabbage)
- It can be made ahead, which makes it perfect for parties and picnics!
- It’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and sweetened with honey
- The whole family will love it!
Tell me, who could argue with that list?
10 Minute Red Cabbage + Apple Slaw
Ingredients for the Salad:
1 small head red cabbage, cut into quarters, then very thinly sliced
1 Golden apple (I love Opal Gold!)
1 cup very finely chopped kale leaves (be sure to remove the stems first)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Ingredients for the Dressing:
6 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
5 Tbsp raw honey
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp chia seeds
heaping 1/2 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl
- Mix all dressing ingredients together, then pour over salad and mix well.
- If possible, allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors mix. Serving right away is fine too if you're in a rush.