This colorful, 10 Minute red Cabbage and Apple Slaw is as healthy as it is colorful! Perfect for busy weeknights or picnics!
Slaw is one of my go-to side dishes – it’s so easy to throw together, and is a nice deviation from the typical green salad.
Plus it’s just so right along side a burger, a pulled pork sandwich, or some BBQ pulled beef and roasted broccoli potato skins!
10 Minute Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw
Aside from how gorgeous it is, here are a few reasons you really must try this recipe!
- 10 MINUTES! (Maybe 15, if you’re lacking in the Ninja knife skills dept ???? )
- High in gut-healthy prebiotic fiber
- Has cancer-fighting cruciferous veggies (thank you, cabbage)
- It can be made ahead, which makes it perfect for parties and picnics!
- It’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and sweetened with honey
- The whole family will love it!
Tell me, who could argue with that list?
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 small head red cabbage cut into quarters, then very thinly sliced
- 1 Golden apple I love Opal Gold!
- 1 cup very finely chopped kale leaves be sure to remove the stems first
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl
- Mix all dressing ingredients together, then pour over salad and mix well.
- If possible, allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors mix. Serving right away is fine too if you're in a rush.