This 15 minute salmon is the perfect healthy dinner on busy weeknights!
I often tell clients to boost their intake of omega-3’s from wild caught fatty fish. For some reason, most of us – myself included – aren’t as consistent as we should be with getting fish onto our weekly menus.
I’m not sure why that is. Fish has a reputation for being pricey but rotating between more expensive varieties like salmon and more affordable ones like wild Alaskan cod (hello, healthy homemade fish sticks!) actually makes fish pretty comparable to the price of the farm raised meats and poultry we buy.
And most fish recipes cook pretty quickly – this 15 minute salmon is a prime example of that!
15 Minute Salmon with Parmesan Herbs
We all love 30 minute meals, right? Well this salmon has that beat by half!
And here’s another little time saving tip to shave a few minutes off your prep time. Have the staff at the fish counter debone the salmon and cut it into individual portions so you don’t have to do it later!
If you chose your side dishes right – like a pot of rice and a quick cooking vegetable like steamed broccoli, wilted spinach, or my easy roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and you can still get the entire meal on the table in half an hour!
This salmon is so simple and is loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3’s are highly anti-inflammatory and have been shown to be beneficial in a host of chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, mood disorders, and more.
Unfortunately, most of us get far to few omega-3’s of them as compared to omega-6’s. Read more about omega-6 to omega-3 balance and inflammation here.
Fish and seafood sometimes get a bad rap for mercury and other contaminants, but wild salmon actually tops the Environmental Working Group’s list of the best sources of omega-3’s with the lowest mercury content.
15 Minute Parmesan Herb Salmon
2 lbs wild salmon, deboned and sliced into 4-6 even pieces (I have them to this for me at the seafood counter to save me time at home!)
Butter or avocado oil cooking spray
For Parmesan herb topping:
3 Tbsp melted butter, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 large cloves garlic, pressed
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use butter or avocado oil spray to grease 2 casserole dishes. Divide salmon pieces evenly between the two dishes, skin side down. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt and Bake for 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature 145 degrees.
- While salmon is baking, prepare the topping: mix the Parmesan, garlic, and herbs in a small bowl.
- Remove salmon from oven, brush with half of the melted butter, sprinkle a thick layer of Parmesan herb blend on top of each piece, then drizzle the remaining butter evenly over all.
- If desired, return to the oven for another 1-2 minutes, or until Parmesan just begins to melt.
Perfect with a side of white rice and a big batch of my Easy Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower - start the rice on the stove and pop the veggies in the 425 oven about 10 minutes before cooking the salmon, and the entire dinner will come together in around half an hour!