This post will be a quick one because I’ll be in high-gear today playing catch-up after being away at a conference over the weekend.
I came home from the Weston A. Price Spring Conference with lots to think through and implement…I also came home to dirty laundry, a near-empty fridge and a pile of emails and papers begging some attention.
This creamy, naturally sweet, Chai Latte Green Smoothie will serve as a quick and healthy breakfast a la Vitamix as we head out for morning errands and grocery shopping.
Ever since stumbling upon that Apple Pie Green Smoothie recipe a few weeks back, I’ve had fun experimenting with other non-traditional smoothie flavors.
This one brings all the flavors of one of my very favorite warm drinks – a chai tea latte – into a cool, refreshing, and healthy green smoothie.
There’s no actual tea in this smoothie recipe, though I suppose you could substitute a little brewed chai for part of the milk if you’d like. I use baby spinach so the “green” flavor is very mild – you could use less or omit it altogether, but I’ve found that 2 handfuls is the perfect amount for getting the nutrition in while not interfering with the distinct chai flavor. For non-dairy folks, coconut milk substitutes nicely for the cow’s milk.
- 1 cup milk or coconut milk
- 2-4 large Medjool dates pitted (Note: plump, moist dates are key - if yours are drier, consider soaking them to rehydrate)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 dashes ground cloves
- 2 large handfuls or less baby spinach
- 2 large handfuls ice cubes
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1.5 Tbsp collagen hydrolysate
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix in the order listed. Blend on low until incorporated, then on high until completely smooth.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you’ll be sending a little extra money my way for my next green smoothie experiment – Thanks!