I’m always looking for ways to slip in more greens without my kids noticing, and this rich Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie Bowl does it.
They thought they were eating dessert!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie Bowl
I love green smoothies – they’re super refreshing, the color and flavor combinations are endless, and I know we’re getting a serving of leafy greens in every glass!
But, a green smoothie dressed up as a chocolate-peanut butter dessert?
This I had to try!
It was a fun detour from our typical smoothie ingredients, and the kids went nuts over it! (pun intended)
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a portion of the sale will be sent my way to help with blog expenses. Thanks!
What’s even better is that it’s truly healthy, too!
Even without the spinach, this smoothie bowl is a powerhouse of nutrition – the raw cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants, the coconut milk provides plenty of healthy fat, and the chia seeds add a little extra fiber and omega-3’s.
But, to supercharge it, I tossed in a couple handfuls of baby spinach (learn 10 reasons you should always have baby spinach on hand!). A bit of the green color comes through but, when toppings are added, it’s hardly noticeable.
Another fun feature of this smoothie bowl recipe is, when you refrigerate it for a few hours, it thickens and is just like chocolate pudding!
So I’ve added it to my list of healthy school lunch recipes!
Super refreshing, the color and flavor combinations are endless, and I know we’re getting a serving of leafy greens in every glass!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder click here to buy - If you like a lighter chocolate flavor, start with 4 Tbsp and gradually add more to your liking (Just realize that the less cacao you use, the more the green from the spinach will show through)
- Optional toppings: peanuts shredded coconut, chia seeds, chocolate chips (click here to buy allergen-free mini chips)
- Place only the coconut milk and spinach in a Vitamix (click here to buy) or other high powered blender. Blend on low-medium speed until completely smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend on medium-high until smooth.
- Pour into 2 bowls and add toppings if desired.
- Makes 20oz (4 servings)
Check out these other favorite green smoothie recipes!