This sweet and crunchy Coconut Macaroon Granola makes a healthy breakfast or snack! Gluten free, dairy free.
My kids have been asking for granola for monnnnths…and I felt like it was time to deliver.
After we fell in love with Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola, I had been brainstorming other cookie flavors that would convert well into granola recipes.
Healthy Coconut Macaroon Granola
This crunchy Coconut Macaroon Granola makes a healthy breakfast or snack – it’s great sprinkled on yogurt, eaten dry, or in a bowl with milk.
I’m pretty sure we’ve done all three in the past 24 hours. 😉
Plus, it’s gluten free and dairy free, and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup and a little coconut sugar.
What’s not to love?
- 3 cups rolled oats be sure to buy gluten free oats if you have an allergy or severe intolerance
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil melted
- 5 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or additional vanilla extract if you're not an almond fan)
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix oats, coconut flakes, and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together, then pour over dry ingredients. Use spatula to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly across two large jelly roll pans lined with parchment.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy, turning halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely on pan before storing in a glass container. Granola will crisp even more as it cools.