Rich chocolate pudding that’s ready in just 5 minutes and loaded with nutrition! (Dairy free, refined sugar free)
Anyone else out there a pushover for chocolate desserts that legit healthy?
Me too – so I made this dairy free chocolate pudding just for people like us!
Rich and Creamy, 5-Minute Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
Are you ready for this? The list of all the nutritional perks of this rich chocolatey pudding are pretty amazing for something that tastes so good! Here goes…
- Antioxidants – superfoods avocado, raw cacao, and almond butter all add to this
- Magnesium – half the recipe provides about a third of your daily needs, thanks to the raw cacao and almond butter!
- Protein – there’s a whopping 18 grams of protein in half the recipe!
- Gut healthy – collagen hydrolysate is one of my favorite ways to slip a little gut health boost into recipes like this without anyone knowing!
- Healthy fats – both monounsaturated fats from the avocado and almond butter, and medium chain triglycerides from the coconut milk
- Allergy friendly – dairy free, gluten free, grain free, peanut free
- Refined sugar free – naturally sweetened with raw honey
How’s that for healthy?
And, wait til you taste it! I’ve always loved chocolate pudding, and this is a major upgrade on those Jello pudding cups I ate as a kid!
Oh, and here’s a little pro tip – If you pop it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes before you serve, you’d have this beautiful cross between pudding and frozen yogurt. Amazing. ????
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a small portion of the sale will be sent my way to help support the mission of Back To The Book Nutrition. Thank you!
- 3/4 cup organic coconut milk I like this brand with no fillers
- 1/4 cup cold water or chilled coffee!
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Rounded 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 6 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp grass fed collagen hydrolysate powder
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- Optional garnishes - fresh raspberries coconut shavings, mint sprigs, etc.
Place all ingredients in the order listed into a high powered blender. Blend on low until combined, then gradually increase the speed, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed, until thick and creamy.
Divide between two serving cups and chill until ready to garnish and serve. Each serving is approximately 8oz.
Check out these other favorite healthy desserts!