These 3-ingredient Easy BBQ Chicken Legs are perfect for your next picnic, BBQ, or simple summer dinner at home!
It’s only Tuesday and I’ve already received emails this week with reminders about the end of the school year (only 9 more campus days in our university model school!) and our first swim team practice. Summer must be just around the corner, and today I’m sharing a great recipe for your next picnic, bar-b-q, or simple summer dinner!
Easy BBQ Chicken Legs
What is it about drumsticks that we all love so much – the size? the fact that you can eat them with your hands? I just know what I love – that they cook fast and make everyone happy!
And these easy BBQ chicken legs are no exception – only 3 real food ingredients and ready in around 40 minutes, and they disappear in even less time!
3 ways to make this recipe even easier:
- Cook once, eat twice – A weekly leftovers night is high on my list of Top 10 Time Saving Kitchen Tips. And choosing easy recipes like this one that everyone loves is key to keeping the whole family on board on the 2nd night!
- Serve simple sides – I’m a big fan of pre-washed and frozen vegetables. I steamed and buttered a double batch of pre-washed green beans and frozen organic corn in a matter or minutes while the chicken was in the oven. Fast, easy, and enough to serve with leftovers too!
- Make the BBQ sauce ahead of time – I’m from Texas so, when it comes to BBQ sauce, I’ve seen it all…and this is my all-time favorite! It’s surprisingly easy to make, but does take some time (20 minutes or so). I make a double batch and store it in the fridge so it’s ready to add to pulled pork, smoked sausage, or whatever else needs a tangy-sweet kick! The sauce is everything – don’t skip it!
- 3 pounds pastured chicken legs
- House seasoning
- Best Homemade BBQ Sauce from Diana @ My Humble Kitchen
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle all sides of chicken with house seasoning and place on a roasting pan lined with parchment. Roast 25 minutes, turning halfway through. (If you don't have the BBQ Sauce already made, you can whip it up on the stove while the chicken is roasting)
Remove from oven and turn broiler on. Brush BBQ sauce on all sides of chicken, then return to middle rack of oven to broil for 2-3 minutes. If desired, flip them and broil another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
Remove from oven, brush another layer of BBQ sauce on all sides, and sprinkle again with house seasoning.