It’s Monday again. And good snacks make Mondays better, right?
And a batch of these easy maple walnuts takes only 10 minutes! In fact, maybe a double batch would be better, just in case you and the kids eat most of them before your husband even gets home and has a fair shot.
Why You’ll Love Easy Maple Walnuts
1. They’re delicious. (Salted maple butter + walnuts? Um, lemmesee…Yes!!)
2. Hello healthy, all natural ingredients!
3. They make a killer salad topping
4. They’re a fu stir-in for oatmeal.
5. They’re an easy appetizer for parties.
6. They make great gifts (Mother’s Day is less than a month away and Father’s Day is right behind it!)
Homemade Candied Nuts in Only 10 Minutes
I rarely take the time to make roasted or candied nuts but, every time I do, I wonder why I waited so long. Well, there are no excuses with this recipe. Literally 10 minutes, plus a few more for them to dry on parchment, and you’ve got crispy, golden, and naturally sweet candied walnuts everyone will love!
They’re even easier than the Honey Roasted Almonds recipe I shared a few months ago. These can be going on the stove while you cook dinner, wash dishes, or brew some tea. So simple.
- 1 Tbsp pastured ghee or butter I used unsalted
- 1 cup walnut halves
- rounded 1/8 tsp sea salt or to taste less if using salted ghee
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
Melt ghee/butter in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add walnuts and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add sea salt and maple syrup and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until walnuts are caramelized (3-4 minutes).
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the nuts to a sheet of parchment paper. Use back of spoon to spread nuts apart, then allow to cool completely (5-10 min) before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. If they lose their crisp after 2-3 days, just pop them into a 375 degree oven on a parchment lined sheet for a few minutes.
When caramelizing the nuts, watch them very closely - the line between caramelized and burning is a very fine one!
These walnuts are an amazing addition to my Bacon, Avocado, and Blue Cheese Salad!