Super easy pumpkin ice cream recipe for fall – you only need 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to whip it up and no ice cream maker needed. This ice cream is rich, creamy and decadent you’d never guess it’s no churn!
Fall temperatures in Houston swing between the forties to the eighties, occasionally hitting both of those extremes in a week’s time! 😮 That means ice cream is always in season, which I’m not complaining about!
The downer about traditional homemade ice cream is that it takes two days to make – between freezing the ice cream maker bowl, churning the mixture, then freezing it all again…when you have the time, the results are definitely worth it – two of my favorite slow churn ice cream flavors are Creamy Pumpkin Ice Cream with Candied Pecans and Apple Crumble Ice Cream! Both are out of this world!
But, for times when you want a bowl of homemade ice cream tonight, 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, no churn ice cream is the only answer! We love this 5 minute homemade vanilla, but it’s fall, y’all! So today it’s all about the pumpkin!
Healthier Pumpkin Ice Cream
Store-bought ice cream is often loaded with unnecessary additives and flavors. When you make it at home, you know exactly what’s in there, just like with this simple, 5 ingredient recipe!
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream in only 5 Minutes!
How is No Churn Ice Cream Different?
The main difference between this no-churn ice cream and regular ice cream is that there is no egg involved. Most traditional ice creams are made by making a custard base first which is cooked and can take some time.
You have to constantly stir it making sure the eggs don’t scramble whereas this no-churn ice cream cuts that whole process out altogether whilst still giving you a super creamy and smooth ice cream.
Pro Tip: Use this ice cream as a base and experiment with different flavors!
Top Tips for Making No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Be careful not to overwhip the cream or the fat will separate and it’ll resemble scrambled eggs. You’ll know the cream is ready when it’s thick, glossy and can hold without collapsing.
- You can add extra flavorings to this ice cream why not try cinnamon, nutmeg or some a splash of liqueur for something a little extra special.
- This pumpkin ice cream will store really well in the freezer for months just make sure that it’s covered.
- Let the ice cream thaw for 10 minutes before serving it’ll be much easier to scoop.
- When it comes to toppings you can add whatever you like, candied nuts are a delicious and healthy treat.
- 2 cups organic whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp milk, I use raw
- 2 cup organic fair trade powdered sugar
- 1 can canned pumpkin, I use organic
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Use an electric mixer to beat cream and milk to stiff peaks
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Cover and freeze several hours or until ready to serve.
- Be careful not to overwhip the cream or the fat will separate and it'll resemble scrambled eggs. You'll know the cream is ready when it's thick, glossy and can hold without collapsing.
- This pumpkin ice cream will store really well in the freezer for months just make sure that it's covered.
- Let the ice cream thaw for 10 minutes before serving it'll be much easier to scoop.