Organic, healthy dinner ingredients delivered straight to your door and ready in around 30 minutes! (Gluten free + Paleo options available)
It’s hard to get healthy dinners on the table each night, especially with work resuming, kids starting back to school, and the rest of life returning to its usual frantic pace after the holidays.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a small portion of the sale will be sent my way to help with blog expenses. Thanks!
I was looking for a few dinner shortcuts a couple of weeks ago when a good friend, fellow dietitian, and big time foodie told me about Sun Basket.
I had been on the fence about trying a meal delivery service for a while because I had heard mixed reviews about them. But she assured me that the quality of Sun Basket ingredients were a step up from more popular meal delivery services, and that the flavor of the dinners was much better as well.
After my friend’s raving review, I knew I had to try it. And, when I contacted them, the good people of Sun Basket kindly offered to send me a few free meals to try!
Tell me – what mom is gonna turn down fresh, healthy dinner ingredients delivered straight to her door?
Not this one.
And, sure enough, the kids and I returned home from errands one day to find this.
Of course, I peeked inside right away – see the video here.
And now, with Sun Basket’s Healthy New Year campaign, you can try it too – for a limited time, get 3 free meals from Sun Basket!
Fast and Healthy Dinner Delivery from Sun Basket
Whether your New Years goals include spending more time with family, cooking weeknight dinners, or eating healthier, Sun Basket deliveries will help!
I consider myself pretty comfortable and efficient in the kitchen, but even I was surprised by how much time I saved by not having to meal plan, shop, and measure out my ingredients. I just took the brown paper sack out of the fridge and started cooking. That meant I got dinner on the table faster and had more time to spend with my family.
Oh, and I got plenty of compliments on dinner too! 😉
Reasons I recommend Sun Basket:
- Organic, non-GMO, and local ingredients
- Meals are full of fresh, whole foods, herbs, and spices
- All meals take around 30 minutes to make
- Recipes are developed by an award winning chef
- All 3 dinners we tried were delicious! Even the kids loved them!
- Ingredients are pre-measured and labeled so there’s no waste
- Fewer dishes to wash since there is so little prep work
- Meats come frozen so you can defrost right away or store in the freezer until ready to use
- Gluten free, Paleo, vegetarian, and breakfast options available
- Choose from meals for 2 or 4, or double up for larger families.
- No commitment – skip weeks or cancel at any time
- Money back guarantee
- 3 Free Meals + free shipping on 1st order (total savings ~ $40)
And, because I’m committed to sharing completely honest reviews of products with you, here are a couple of down sides:
- Cost ($11.50 per meal + flat fee shipping): Pricey but not that much more than comparable services, and definitely worth considering due to the time savings and quality of ingredients. I suggest using it as a back up plan for busy weeks or just to fill in the gaps for a couple of weeknight meals, making up with cost savings on from-scratch meals on other nights.
- A couple of the meals seemed a little light for my family of four, so I added a simple, inexpensive side (rice or bread) to two of the meals just to be sure everyone was satisfied. Looking back, I’m not sure I really needed the extra food, but it was nice to have.
All in all, Sun Basket deliveries were a big hit at my house, and I definitely plan to use them again to help me get healthy dinners on the table during especially busy weeks.
Are you ready to save time and have healthy, 30 minute meals delivered to your door?