These sweet and simple Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bars are the perfect make-ahead treat breakfast or snack! (Gluten free, dairy free)
It’s Monday, so I’ll make this quick.
We’re on the verge of berry season, and I’ve got the perfect recipe to celebrate! It’s super simple, ready in half an hour, and healthy too!
Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bars (Gluten free, Dairy free)
But, every now and then, I go out of my way to make something that’s healthy and satisfying, but still feels like a special treat, like these Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bars!
Just a few things I love about these breakfast bars:
- High fiber/prebiotic (oats, chia)
- Antioxidants (blueberries)
- Naturally sweetened (maple)….okay, except for that tiny little drizzle of lemon icing 😉
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Kid friendly
These bars are great for a make ahead breakfast or snack, and can be stored on the counter for a week or so…but good luck keeping them for that long. I made a batch less than 24 hours ago and we’re down to just three bars. Between after school snack and after dinner dessert, I’m giving them another 24 hours, max. 😉
The texture is a cross between a breakfast cookie and a crumb cake – firm enough to pick up, but probably a little too crumbly to take in the car.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a small portion of the sale will be sent my way to help support the mission of Back To The Book Nutrition. Thank you!
Ingredients for Bars:
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 drops high quality lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup liquid virgin coconut oil
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats Choose gluten free rolled oats if allergy/sensitivity is severe
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup dried blueberries
Ingredients for Icing:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp liquid virgin coconut oil
- 3 drops high quality lemon essential oil
- Water as needed to thin for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk wet ingredients for bars (eggs through coconut oil), then stir in remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into ax 8x8 pan lined with parchment, pressing firmly.
- Bake 25 min or until firm and top is golden.
- While bars are baking, whisk together icing ingredients and set aside.
- Once bars are completely cooled, drizzle icing across top before slicing into bars.
Check out These Other Healthy Breakfast Treats!