But, I just can’t resist sharing a couple more recipes to send summer out with a bang before we round the corner into fall!
Berry Avocado Salad with Maple Pecans, Feta, and Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Three cheers for everything summer in a salad bowl!
I only regret that I didn’t discover it back in June so we could have eaten it all summer long!
But there are six more days in August and, for any fellow Texans out there, at least two months before the summer heat dies down.
So, who says we can’t enjoy a light and bright salad, loaded with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries, sprinkled with 10-minute maple pecans, avocado, and feta cheese, then drizzled with strawberry balsamic dressing??
No one, that’s who.
One bite and you’re transported back to those first days of June when the sun is shining bright, kids are still happy to be home all day, and everyone’s looking forward to the family vacation.
I served this at a bridal shower a few weeks ago and it was perfectly sweet and healthy and altogether girly – it would be great for a girls’ gathering or baby shower as well!
A light and bright salad, loaded with berries, sprinkled with 10-minute maple pecans, avocado, and feta cheese, then drizzled with strawberry balsamic dressing
- 16 oz Field greens
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup each: strawberries raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 batch Maple Pecans
- 1 batch Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- 3 Tbsp strawberry jam click here for my Easy Strawberry Chia Jam recipe, or use a storebought jam that's made from 100% fruit
- 2 Tbsp raspberry balsamic vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 of a medium lime
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- heaping 1/2 tsp sea salt
- few dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/4 cup avocado oil*
Melt ghee in saute pan over medium heat.
Add pecans and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
Add sea salt and maple syrup and continue to cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly, until nut are caramelized.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the nuts to a sheet of parchment paper. Use back of spoon to spread nuts apart, then allow to cool completely (5-10 min).
Place greens in a salad bowl and arrange remaining ingredients on top.
Sprinkle with cooled maple pecans, then drizzle with dressing.
* The olive oil I buy has a very strong flavor so I cut it with avocado oil. If you buy lighter olive oil, you could replace the 1/4 cup avocado oil with additional olive oil.
** I was in a pinch so I bought honey roasted pecans from my local grocery store, but the homemade version listed here is a little healthier and only takes 10 minutes!
Adapted from Recipe Girl
Here are a few more favorite salad recipes!