These sweet and crispy Pumpkin Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are a healthy fall treat everyone will love!
Why it hasn’t ever before occurred to me to pumpkin spice-ify actual pumpkin seeds, I have no idea.
The two go together perfectly in this healthy and surprisingly addictive fall recipe!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
This super simple recipe is a copycat of one of my favorite seasonal items from Trader Joe’s…and goodness knows they’re a lot healthier than most of the other pumpkin inspired treats on TJ’s shelves this time of year!
Here are 5 reasons I know you’ll love them:
- Only 4 simple ingredients
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Healthier alternative to other fall treats
- Allergy friendly – nut free, gluten free, dairy free
- Great source of magnesium and zinc, which many of us need more of (1/4 cup has 50% of your daily magnesium needs and 25% of your daily zinc needs)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the egg white until frothy. Add pumpkin seeds and stir with a spatula until all are coated.
- Divide seeds between two parchment lined pans, using the spatula to spread them out.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt, then sprinkle evenly over the seeds. Use clean hands to stir the seeds and dry mixture together until all are evenly coated, then spread into a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through (darker pans will cook faster, lighter pans may take a little longer). Allow to cool completely on the pan - they'll get a little more crispy as they cool!