This delicious and easy chicken salad only takes 15 minutes to make, thanks to the rotisserie chicken. It’s a simple, healthy salad that’s perfect for brunch, lunch, or picnics!
A couple of weeks ago, we were expecting a special guest for lunch, and I wanted to serve something a little nicer than our daily fare of cheese, crackers, and raw veggies.
This rotisserie chicken salad was perfect – it dressed up our lunch table, got great reviews, and only took 15 minutes to make!
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
This recipe is lightening fast to make and is versatile too.
Here are a few ideas for recipe substitutions:
- Rotisserie chicken – leftover chicken breasts or turkey meat (filing that idea away for Thanksgiving!)
- Grapes – apples, raisins, or dried cranberries would be great
- Almonds – walnuts, pecans, and pine nuts would all be good substitutes
- Purple onion – green onions or chives would also work
- Dill – fresh dill or just about any other herb you like could be used
Obviously, you can use this recipe as a base and make it your own! If you like your chicken salad a little drier, for example, you can omit the half and half – I just like mine a little on the wet side.
Any way you make it, this rotisserie chicken salad is great served with crackers or on top of a green salad, but also makes an amazing chicken salad sandwich!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for several days, and it holds up to freezing and defrosting fairly well too, which means it works as a freezer friendly, make ahead lunch for work or school! (If you have picky eaters or texture-sensitive kids, omit the onion, dill, celery, and almonds, and reduce the mayo and sour cream slightly).
How To Make This Easy Chicken Salad with Rotisserie Chicken
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken mixture, stirring to combine. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a portion of the sale will be sent my way to help with blog expenses. Thanks!
This delicious rotisserie chicken salad only takes 15 minutes to make, and will disappear nearly as fast! Perfect for brunch, lunch, or picnic!
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 2 cups black grapes halved
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds best if toasted!
- 1/2 cup mayo I buy this mayo made with avocado oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream, can sub full fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp half and half optional, but it makes it super creamy!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken mixture, stirring to combine.
Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Pioneer Woman
Check out these other easy lunch recipes!