These two bite brownies are so rich, you’d never know they were gluten free, grain free, and dairy free! Add icing and sprinkles and you have the perfect mini cupcakes for birthdays, showers, or Valentines!
I’ve been searching for an amazing homemade brownie recipe for the longest. The problem was it needed to be:
- Gluten free and grain free (bonus points for dairy free) for my son, AND
- Super rich, super moist (yes, I just said moist), and all around amazing for his chocolate loving mama.
If you’ve done any alternative grain baking, you know it’s not easy to hit both of those targets.
After trying multiple recipes that were just okay, I suddenly remembered I had hit the ball out of the park with these grain and dairy free Double Chocolate Chunk Walnut Cookies (still one of my all time favorite cookies!). So why not adapt that to make my own brownie recipe?
And it worked!
My whole family gobbled them up, I’ve tested them out on a handful of grain and dairy eaters who all gave them high marks too!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a small portion of the sale will be sent my way to help with blog expenses. Thanks!
If you want to dress them up a little, make a batch of Perfect Vanilla Frosting from Beyond Frosting. It was fluffy and delicious, and piped beautifully to turn these two bite brownies into the most adorable mini cupcakes for the school Valentine’s party! Note this frosting is a buttercream (I can’t resist a good buttercream, and this was one of the best I’ve ever had!) but, if you need dairy free, try Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Frosting instead.
I added a few mini chocolate chips and my naturally colored sugar sprinkles made from just sugar and fruit juice. I made a huge batch over a year ago and keep them in the freezer so I can dip out a little as I need them. Smart, eh? 😉
Two bite brownies so rich and chocolatey, you'd never know they were gluten free, grain free, and dairy free!
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar raw cane sugar or coconut sugar would also work
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 10- oz bag of Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips gluten free, dairy free, soy free, or about 1 1/2 cups finely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients (coconut oil through vanilla) together in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients (coconut flour through salt) evenly across the surface of the wet, then whisk all together.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips and use a small cookie scoop to fill mini muffin tins 2/3 full. Should make approximately 36.
- Bake for 15-20 min, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- Cool completely in muffin tins before removing.
- These are adorable when iced! I love this Perfect Vanilla Frosting (buttercream recipe) from Beyond Frosting, but this Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Frosting from Petite Allergy Treats looks great too!
- This recipe is great for traditional brownies, too - just pour the batter into an 8x8" pan instead of using the mini muffin tins. Increase baking time to 25-30 minutes (I usually cover it during the last 5-10 min) to prevent overbrowning)