Creamy Feta Cheese Dressing
Rich and creamy feta cheese dressing, with just the right amount of kick from fresh lemon, garlic and shallot. A new favorite at our house!
Servings 1 cup
- 1/4 cup homemade or store-bought mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk I use raw
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or more, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or very finely minced
- 1 tsp very finely minced shallot red onion would be a good substitute
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients except feta cheese.
Stir in the crumbled feta.
Serve immediately or store in fridge until ready to use.
- Use this dressing drizzled over salad, as a dip for potato wedges or over grilled veggies
- Use the highest quality feta cheese possible, it really does make a difference to the end result
- The dressing can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days, do not freeze
- This recipe will thicken in the refrigerator. Bring it out about 10 minutes prior to serving to return it to a pourable consistency.
- Sour cream or creme fraiche also works well instead of yogurt
- Red onion would also work well instead of shallot just make sure to chop it very finely