Creamy Pumpkin Ice Cream with Candied Cinnamon Pecans (no-cook)
This homemade pumpkin ice cream is every bit as creamy as the premium ice creams you buy in the store, with just the right amount of pumpkin and spice, and perfectly complemented by a generous swirl of crunchy, sweet, cinnamon-coated pecans!
- 2 oz 4 Tbsp organic cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups organic fair trade sugar
- 1 1/3 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 3 pastured egg yolks If you don't have a trusted source for pastured eggs, I'd omit these
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups raw cream if raw cream is unavailable, substitute 1 1/2 cups organic milk + 1 1/2 cups organic heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups candied cinnamon pecans roughly chopped (plus more for serving)
Chill ice cream maker bowl in the freezer overnight or according to manufacturer's instructions.
Use a whisk or electric mixer to thoroughly mix all ingredients except the pecans, in the order listed, until mixture is smooth and uniform.
Follow your ice cream maker's instructions (mine calls for 20-30 minutes of churning the mixture in the chilled bowl). Add pecans at the very end of churning, or turn machine off and use a wooden spoon or spatula to quickly fold the pecans into the thickened ice cream mixture before placing back into the freezer to set.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
If desired, sprinkle additional chopped candied pecans over scooped ice cream before serving.