World's Best Banana Bread with Einkorn Flour
Hands down, the World's BEST banana bread - I've eaten a lot of banana bread in my life, and none has ever been able to top this favorite family recipe! Sweet, moist, and with plenty of ripe banana flavor, it's a classic comfort food that can served for breakfast or dessert. Made with ancient grain Einkorn flour.
- 1/2 cup pastured salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups organic sugar (plus more for sprinkling on top - Note this is a pretty sweet recipe so you can cut the sugar down to 3/4-1 cup if you prefer)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Einkorn ancient grain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then line a large loaf pan or 9x9" square baking dish with parchment paper so you can easily lift the loaf out of the pan once baked.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
Add mashed bananas and vanilla, stirring well.
In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then gradually stir into the wet ingredients until just mixed.
Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle generously with additional sugar.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. I always place a large rimmed baking sheet on the lower rack just in case it cooks over the edge of the loaf pan (mine never does, but it always comes close so I add the baking sheet every time just to be safe!). If needed, cover with foil toward the end of baking to prevent the surface from overbrowning.
Cool completely before slicing.
- You can substitute any all purpose flour for the Einkorn flour.
- Sprinkling the extra sugar on the surface before baking is optional, but I love the sweet crisp it adds to the surface!