Easy Salmon Burgers 15 minutes
These easy salmon burgers are a fast and easy way to eat more wild caught fish without the fuss. Stir together canned salmon, dried spices, and a few other staples in a single bowl, then fry them up and dinner is on the table in around 15 minutes! (Gluten free option)
Servings 6 burgers (3" diameter)
- 2 cans Wild caught canned salmon, drained (6 oz each)
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs (gluten free Panko crumbs work great too!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil (or enough to generously cover the bottom of your skillet)
Place the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
While oil is heating, empty the 2 cans of drained salmon into a large mixing bowl and use a fork to break any large chunks into small, uniform pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Once oil is just hot (just hot enough to spatter a bit when you flick a little water into it), use about 1/6 of the mixture to form a patty with your hands. As you form them, place each patty around the skillet and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. They're ready to flip when the bottoms are nicely browned and have a slight crisp. Once flipped, allow them to cook on the other side for another 3-5 minutes.
Transfer the cooked patties to a paper towel lined plate until ready to serve.
- For gluten free, use gluten free Panko crumbs.
- These salmon burgers can be served on a bun, but are also great by themselves or topped with a little tartar sauce.
- This recipe is easy to double - I double it every time I make it so we have enough for two nights!
- Leftover patties can be reheated in the microwave, or covered with foil in a 375 degree oven for around 5-7 minutes.
- To spice these up, add some ground cayenne or your favorite Cajun seasoning!