3 simple ingredients make a refreshing and citrussy-sweet smoothie! (Dairy free)
dairy free green smoothie, healthy smoothies
Servings: 2 servings (16 oz)
peeled and seeded
frozen pineapple chunks
large handful baby spinach leaves
Optional - for creamy version
Place oranges in blender, then frozen pineapple, followed by spinach.
Blend on low-medium speed until incorporated, then on high until smooth.
Tips For Making This Orange Pineapple Green Smoothie;
- Make sure to use frozen pineapple. It makes the smoothie thick and cold, if you used fresh pineapple it wouldn't have the same consistency.
- If you don't have pineapple frozen banana or 1-2 Medjool dates work well for thickening, but it won't be as zingy.
- When selecting greens, I like "baby" versions since they're picked earlier and have a much softer texture than more mature greens. Spinach is my favorite because of it's silky smooth texture, but baby kale or other baby greens could be substituted as well.
- If you don't have a high speed blender try tilting the blender and giving it a little shake if the ingredients get stuck. You can also stop it and stir the ingredients with a spoon then continue blitzing.
- For a creamy version, add 1/2 cup coconut milk.