Crispy Zucchini Fritters
These perfectly crispy zucchini fritters can be served as a healthy side dish with sour cream for dipping, or can be used as a veggie burger patty! Fast and easy to make and guaranteed to please!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium or 1 large zucchini)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/2 red (or other color) bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (can use Monterrey Jack)
- 3/4 cup Einkorn flour (can use regular all purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus additional for sprinkling after cooking
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Avocado oil or other high heat oil for frying
- Sour cream for serving
Cover the bottom of the pan(s) with avocado oil and heat over medium high heat. I use two pans so I can cook all the fritter simultaneously, but you can just use one and cook them in two batches if you prefer.
Mix all ingredients except avocado oil in the order listed in a large mixing bowl.
Use clean hands to form 6 patties. When oil is hot, add 3 fritters to the pan(s).
Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned and crispy.
Remove fritters from oil, pat dry with a paper towel, and serve immediately with sour cream.
Extra Tips for Making Crispy Zucchini Fritters
- The fritter mix will be pretty dry and crumbly. Not to worry - the drier texture adds to the crisp. :)
- To get that perfect crisp on the outside, be sure your oil is nice and hot. I flick a little water into it - if it sizzles, the oil is ready.
- Heavy gauge stainless and cast iron pans will cook a little faster and give you a better crisp than enamel.