This luxurious DIY White Chocolate Body Butter is my new favorite hand cream – it leaves your hands silky smooth with no greasy residue. It’s affordable, so easy to make, uses only 4 all natural ingredients, is fragrance free, and lasts up to six months!
Easy, Affordable DIY White Chocolate Body Butter for Dry Skin and Eczema
The older I get, the more I recognize the value of a good hand cream – one that actually nourishes my skin, leaving it silky smooth, but with no greasy residue like so many homemade lotions do.
Then there’s my son, whose eczema flares more in the cold, dry winter months. We’re working to heal it from the inside out, but it also helps so much to have a layer of protection on his sensitive skin. And I certainly don’t want to risk his health by lathering him up with irritating fragrances and chemicals we can’t pronounce!
So, about a year ago, I made this easy DIY Chocolate Body Butter and instantly fell in love – it was shockingly easy to make and lasted us for about six months (that’s half the year!). It was totally worth saving the time and money to make my own, and I loved having the peace of mind that I wasn’t putting chemicals and fragrances with unknown risks onto my body’s largest organ!
But this time around, I wanted something a little different – I omitted a couple of ingredients to make this White Chocolate Body Butter and, you know what? I like it even better! All the same benefits with fewer ingredients, a lighter white chocolate scent, and an even smoother texture!
Plus, this recipe costs right around $15! That’s way cheaper than a six month supply of “cleaner” hand creams I’ve bought in the store, and it doesn’t have the fragrances and questionable ingredients I still see in many of those!
I only wish I had created it sooner so I could have given it as Christmas or Valentine’s gifts! Next year.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a portion of the sale will be sent my way to help with blog expenses. Thanks!
4-Ingredient White Chocolate Body Butter – Here’s What You’ll Need
Ingredients (with links to the ones I buy):
Storage jars (I love these small, round, glass jars with flip top lids – this recipe will fill about 6 jars, perfect for keeping some in different parts of the house or for sharing with friends!)
- 2 cups cocoa butter
- 1 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1 Tbsp beeswax pastilles
- Melt all ingredients in a cooking pot over medium heat, stirring frequently with silicone spatula.
- If not whipping, you can poor directly into storage jars and chill.
- If whipping, chill the melted mixture (in the cooking pot) in the fridge for a few hours or until set (I speed this up by freezing it for 30-45 minutes, taking it out every 15 minutes to stir a bit). Use an immersion blender to whip the chilled mixture in the pot (or transfer to a stand mixer), then divide into glass jars for storage.
- This makes 24 oz or more of body butter, which lasts my family about 6 months. You can easily divide the recipe in half if you want a smaller batch.
Check out these other favorite DIYs!