This colorful kale, quinoa, and cranberry salad has antioxidants, prebiotic fiber, healthy fats, and more!
Y’all know I love my salads jam packed with colors, flavors, and textures.
I mean, why settle for lettuce and tomatoes when you could have kale, quinoa, cranberries, avocado, bell peppers, almonds, cucumbers, and feta cheese? And a sweet soy lime vinaigrette to finish it off? ????
Kale, Quinoa, and Cranberry Salad + Sweet Soy Lime Dressing
I first had this superfood salad – or a version of it – a few months ago on a lunch date with my husband to Kenny and Ziggy’s – a local deli that’s legendary for it’s gigantic sandwiches, house cured pickles, and delicious matzah ball soup.
But the little known secret about this Texas sized deli is that their salads are just as good as their over-the-top sandwiches.
And – in the case of this Kale, Quinoa, and Cranberry Salad – super healthy too!
- Cancer fighting cruciferous veggies (kale)
- Fiber for prebiotics and gut health (all those veggies!)
- Whole grains for sustained energy (quinoa)
- Monounsaturated fats for heart health (avocado)
- Vitamins C and E for antioxidant activity (kale, bell peppers, almonds)
- Resveratrol, carotenoids, quercetin, anthocyanins, and other disease fighting phytochemicals (cranberries, kale, bell peppers)
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a small portion of the sale will be sent my way to help support the mission of Back To The Book Nutrition. Thank you!
- 1 Large head curly leaf kale stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 each: Red and bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 Large cucumber seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup purple onion finely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta not pictured, but a great addition!
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice about 2 limes
- 2/3 cup organic Tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3/4 cup Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil or avocado oil
- 2 generous pinches cayenne pepper
Cook the quinoa (1/2 cup dry) if needed.
Toss the salad - Place all salad ingredients except quinoa in a large bowl. I reserve some of the avocado, feta, cranberries, and almonds for sprinkling on top, but you can just mix them all in at once if you want too.
Prepare dressing - whisk all ingredients together and pour over salad, stirring well to coat the kale. It's ideal to mix the salad and dressing about 30 minutes before serving so the kale has time to absorb some of the dressing. But that's not necessary if you're in a rush.
Keeps well for a couple of days - just give it all a good stir before eating.