Nothing says summer like ice cold lemonade…with a tropical twist! This easy, all natural, and refined sugar free pineapple lemonade is packed with flavor and is perfect for cooling down on a hot day. Plus it’s make with only 3 simple ingredients! Ice cold lemonade just got healthier and sweeter…
Lemonade with a Tropical Twist!
We don’t routinely drink fruit juices at our house but, when the July and August heat set in, there’s a bottle of some sort of juice in the fridge at all times. Splashes of juice in our water and fruit juice popsicles are a must for enduring the blazing heat of Texas summers.
On a predictably hot afternoon a couple of weeks ago, I had a serious craving for lemonade. I also had a fresh bottle of cold-pressed pineapple juice in the refrigerator, just begging to star in some form of drinkable experiment.
I grabbed the bottle and a few lemons, and went to work creating a simple, 3-ingredient pineapple lemonade from all natural fruit juices. The result tasted much like classic lemonade, but with a sweet, tropical twist!
How To Make All Natural Pineapple Lemonade
Pour the pineapple juice, freshly squeezed lemon juice and water into a large jug and stir to combine. Refrigerate until chilled and enjoy!
If you like lemonade, you’ve gotta try this one. It’s so easy, so refreshing, and much healthier than traditional sugar sweetened lemonades!
The leading brand of prepared lemonade provides only 10% of daily vitamin C needs. Compare that to 88% in this all natural pineapple lemonade! That amount doubles if you’re using pineapple juice with added vitamin C (most store-bought versions contain this).
Pineapple also provides a good deal of manganese, which plays a role in bone health and combating the free radical damage linked to cancer and heart disease.
Tips For Making Natural Pineapple Lemonade
- If you don’t have time to refrigerate the pineapple lemonade before serving, just add lots of ice
- Before serving the lemonade always stir the mixture as the pineapple juice settles at the bottom
- Make the lemonade into popsicles by pouring the prepared mixture into popsicle molds and freezing.
- Turn this into a pineapple lemonade spritzer by replace part or all of the water with carbonated water
All Natural Pineapple Lemonade
- 20 oz cold pressed pineapple juice
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice juice of 2 large lemons
- 10 oz water
- Stir all ingredients together and store in refrigerator.
- Stir again just prior to serving.
VariationsPineapple Lemonade Spritzer: Replace part or all of the water with carbonated water
Pineapple Lemonade Popsicles: Pour the prepared lemonade mixture into popsicle molds and freeze.
I just love celebrating the nutrition and flavor of natural, whole foods that God created. When His stuff is so good, why choose anything else?