I'm just gonna get right to it on this one.
I have found the best shaving cream ever.
That doubles as the best moisturizer ever.
That you can make yourself in just a few minutes.
And adjust to whatever scent you like best, or add none at all (in the case of a husband who prefers not to smell like flowers or citrus after his shave).
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'll give you the back story.
Ever since that first batch of Homemade Dishwasher Detergent, I've been gradually trying out one new DIY household product recipe after another, and I'm continually surprised by how easy it is to replace commercial, chemical-laden products with those consisting entirely of God-made ingredients.
True, homemade shaving cream has been done before - many, many times. I read countless recipes and tried a few of them before attempting my own.
But a recipe that's this simple and this effective hasn't been done before, as far as I know.
Not only does this shaving cream whip up in minutes in a single bowl, but it ranks pretty high on the pamper scale (here, here!). Plus, if you shave at the very end of your shower, much of the cream remains on your skin as a moisturizer. It works beautifully - I've never used a commercial product that left my skin this smooth and soft!
Ready to give this easy, all-natural homemade shaving cream a try and say goodbye to dry skin and questionable chemicals that fill those commercial creams?
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil (mine was solid at the time of mixing)
- Optional: essential oils or other natural scents (I used 50 drops lavender and 30 drops of lemon*)
- * Note: I initially used the zest of 1 large lemon in place of lemon oil, but the scent of the zest intensified over time and was a little strong for my liking.
- Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients until stiff peaks form (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- I store the shaving cream in a container with removable lid in my shower. The mix will lose a bit of volume over time, but will remain soft and foamy.
If you enjoyed this, you might also like these other homemade skin care recipes!