Super easy spaghetti meat sauce in the slow cooker – made with real food ingredients and only takes 10 min prep time! (Instant Pot option)
Spaghetti with meat sauce is easy.
Slow Cooker spaghetti with meat sauce is even easier!
Super Easy Spaghetti Meat Sauce in the Slow Cooker
This simple, real food Italian meat sauce is not only healthy, it’s crazy easy.
No browning the meat, no pre-cooking anything. Just put everything in the Crock Pot and turn it on!
Literally, so easy a kid could make it….hey, I like that idea! 😉
If you’re using an Instant Pot, the steps are the same – just cook for 30 minutes on the “sealing” setting (not venting).
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a small portion of the sale will be sent my way to help support the mission of Back To The Book Nutrition. Thank you!
Serve it over traditional spaghetti noodles (I buy this brand of imported Italian pasta – here’s why), ancient grain pasta, or grain/gluten free pasta alternatives like spaghetti squash, zoodles, or chickpea pasta (this is the best chickpea pasta I’ve tried).
For bonus points, add sliced mushrooms, broccoli florets, green peas, baby spinach, or other veggies and voila – a veggie loaded one dish meal!
Oh, and it makes enough for a large family, a crowd of dinner guests, or – my personal favorite – leftovers! In fact, I usually serve it twice and still have half the batch to freeze for another night!
- 3 cans 14.5 oz each organic diced tomatoes
- 2 cans 6 oz each organic tomato paste
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp organic sugar (optional)
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 lbs pastured ground beef
- 1 cup fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- additional fresh basil and Parmesan cheese for serving
Place all ingredients except onion and beef into slow cooker and stir well.
Add onion and beef and cook on high 3-4 hrs, or on low 6-8 hrs. If possible, open the lid a couple times during cooking to break up meat with a wooden spoon.
Once the sauce is done, add additional salt and pepper to taste and stir in the fresh basil.
Serve over cooked spaghetti with additional fresh basil and Parmesan.
- This makes a lot of spaghetti sauce - enough for 12-16 servings. Great for a large crowd or as leftovers. Freezes well too!
- This recipe works well in the Instant Pot too - just set to "sealing" and cook for 30 minutes.