It’s Monday so the responsible thing to do would be to sketch out a weekly menu, make a shopping list, and defrost tonight’s meat.
But that can all wait another half hour right?
Good, we’re agreed – responsible starts in exactly 30 minutes.
Now, you’ve got just enough time to read this post, gather your supplies, and make a batch of amazing muffins!
…Actually, even though these 20 Minute Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins taste more like cookies, they’ll earn you some responsibility points too since they’re naturally sweetened, are flourless, have a dairy free option, but I digress.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. By making purchases through these links, you pay the same amount for products, but a portion of the sale will be sent my way to help with blog expenses. Thanks!
20 Minute Blender Muffins
If you’ve never mixed muffins in the blender before, you must. It’s brilliant.
I can say that because it’s not my idea. But now that I’ve tried it, I love it!
Mixing takes less than a minute, and you can pour the batter right into the muffin tins. Then just give them a quick, peanut-and-chocolate-chip sprinkle and toss them in the oven!
Really, it’s crazy easy.
15 minutes later, you have yourself a warm batch of super soft peanut butter muffins topped with the perfect combination of salty peanuts and sweet dark chocolate.
Sooooo good, you guys.
And I can tell you from experience, doing all the responsible stuff is much easier once you’ve got a warm, chocolatey, peanut buttery muffin under your belt!
The most amazing Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins that are whipped up in a blender in no time. Ready in only 20 minutes these grain free muffins taste incredible! Topped with salted peanuts and dark choc chips!
- Avocado oil spray (For greasing muffin tin - can also use butter or virgin coconut oil)
- 2/3 cup sour cream (substitute 2 medium ripe bananas for dairy free)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 cup organic natural peanut butter (either creamy or crunchy - I've used both and, due to the blending, the final texture is about the same)
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life or similar brand for dairy free)
- 3 Tbsp dry roasted and salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life or similar brand for dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a standard size muffin tin with avocado oil spray.
Place all muffin ingredients except chocolate chips in blender and blend until mixture is creamy.
Pour batter into greased muffin tin, filling each about 2/3 full.
Sprinkle the 1/4 cup chocolate chips evenly over all, then use a butter knife to gently stir the chips into the batter, poking them down below the surface.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and chopped peanuts evenly over all and place the muffin tin into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out nearly clean (I pull them out a little before a perfectly clean toothpick because I'd rather a soft center than a dry one!).
Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan (set a timer!), then remove by running a butter knife around the edge of each and gently lifting out. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To check the muffins are done insert a toothpick into the middle and make sure it comes out clean.
- You can use any kind of chocolate chips you like.
- Feel free to swap the peanuts on top for any nuts you like.
- Use a good quality peanut butter for best results.
- Make sure to use vanilla extract and not essence which is unnaturally flavored.
- Make sure your baking powder is in date as it loses its effectiveness over time.
Adapted from Averie Cooks
Don’t miss these other easy and healthy dessert recipes!
Homemade Coconut Cream Popsicles (Dairy Free option)