Homemade Larabars only take a few minutes and are 40% cheaper than store bought! This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip version is one of my favorite gluten free, healthy snacks for kids and adults!
I’m on an energy bar kick lately because, summer snacks should be simple.
And make ahead.
But should taste like dessert.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip is my all time favorite Larabar flavor because:
- It tastes like cookie dough.
- It’s made with just a few healthy ingredients.
- It’s gluten free, grain free, and dairy free.
The only thing not to love is the price….so I made my own in just minutes for 40% cheaper than store bought!
These are the ultimate easy summer breakfast or pool snack.
I’ll go ahead and admit, my kids would rather buy a Drumstick from the concession stand at the pool than eat an apple or celery stick. But, if I bring a few homemade Larabars, it’s a cinch to win them over!
And you’d better believe these will be making appearing in lunch boxes when back to school time comes too!
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
- 2 cups Medjool dates pitted* (buy Medjool Dates here)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup Mini chocolate chips (I buy these Enjoy Life chips since they're gluten,dairy, and soy free)
- Place dates, peanut butter, and vanilla in a food processor with the S blade in place.
- Pulse until mixture resembles large moist crumbs.
- Pour mixture into a small casserole dish lined with parchment. Use clean hands to spread mixture evenly across pan, pressing down firmly. It's alright if it doesn't cover the entire pan, just press them out to the desired thickness.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly across surface, pressing gently to keep them in place.
- Refrigerate until firm, then slice into bars with a sharp knife.
Check out these other healthy snack ideas!
Ultimate Guide to Healthy Snacks for Kids
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Snack Bars (GF, DF)
Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies (GF)
These are a great alternative to the boxed bars. They taste amazing and although larabars use simple ingredients, they don’t use organic ingredients. My only tip is to put the dates in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them, I didn’t do that and the motor on my food processor broke. I guess you live in learn, but definitely try these homemade bars
Great tip, Kim! Sorry to hear about your food processor. :/
These look so delicious and super easy to make!
I love making easy recipes like this. I can now make a delicious and healthy treat for my kids using these 4 ingredients. Thank you!
Well these are way better than the storebought version. Glad you shared this recipe.
I’m all in on things that taste like cookie dough! I couldn’t have guessed that these are healthy too, I love them!
Me too!! 🙂
I loved your intro and I couldn’t agree more! My summer recipes should be easy, and taste like dessert! Love this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip larabar recipe!
whoa! Such simple & delicious ingredients! I’m totally going to make these
Great – hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Yum, these look too good! Peanut butter and chocolate AND a pretty healthy treat–how does it get better?
These look delicious! I’m big on keeping “mom snacks” in the car for when my kdido takes a car nap and I’m starving. These are perfect!
Great idea, Beth!
Dates and peanut butter- such favorites in our home!! These look great.
Thank you, Megan. 🙂